What I do
For fifteen years I have planned, written and managed corporate responsibility, sustainability and social issue communications. I offer services in three areas: strategy, writing and campaigns.
I conduct stakeholder engagement exercises including interviews and surveys to help companies understand what matters to their stakeholders. When you know what your stakeholders’ concerns are, you can start to plan an effective CR communications strategy. This will cover who you are trying to influence, what your key messages are and the most appropriate channels to use to achieve your communications objectives.
I help companies describe their approach to sustainability and define key messages for sustainability reports, websites and related materials. I worked on my first environmental report in 1997 and have been in the vanguard of sustainability reporting development. Combining a keen understanding of technical reporting requirements with strong copywriting skills, I produce clear, accurate and engaging accounts of a company’s sustainability performance.
As a former pollution campaigner for Friends of the Earth, I bring an activist’s perspective and enthusiasm to making change happen. I now help ambitious companies plan campaigns that promote their values and seek to change consumer behaviour.
- Delivering stakeholder engagement programmes
- Developing a corporate responsibility communications strategy
- Advising on and writing corporate responsibility reports
- Structuring and writing sustainability sections of corporate websites
- Defining sustainability key messages and articulating strategy
- Creating consumer-facing campaigns on corporate responsibility issues.